Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sci-fi and tired legs....

I've just finished reading an amazing sci-fi novel. It's called Ender's game by Orson Scott Card. I've decided to read some of the sci-fi classics and this one came pretty high on the list. Anyone needing some diversion from aching legs, should give it a go. I guess changing my run style has hit my legs quite a bit. I was tired the whole day. Although the late nights this week haven't helped. Tonight I'm going to bed early, so I'm ready for a good swim tomorrow morning. I guess the moral is, don't watch too much football, especially champions league, since the games finish so late. Also, don't then read for an hour in bed before finally getting 6 or max 7 hours of sleep. But given that I was so tired I was really happy with todays 11 km run. I averaged 11.7kms per hour including very slow warm up.
I have to hit the forums and find out which rucksack I should buy for the main event. I think once I start collecting the equipment it will all star coming together. I also have to start pushing more for sponsorship. I will be running for the charity "Facing Africa" who send doctors to Africa to perform re-constructive surgery on people affected by Noma. The website is pretty graphic, but there's no hiding this debilitating disease. On the website you can also find a link to sponsor me (shameful plug).
Now it's time for that well earned sleep. Although I do have to start the next classic sci-fi novel "Peace and War" by Joe Haldeman. I hope I get some sleep tonight......

No comments: