Monday, April 21, 2008

Fun in the dunes

Had a really good run on Sunday. 42.5 kms through the dunes. I switched between the dunes and beach all the way up past Katwijk and back to The Hague. Legs were a little heavy at the end and I felt my knee a little the day after. But all in all a very good run. I didn't run today because I wanted to let my knee recover some more. I'll be swimming and running tomorrow, so a busy day ahead. I have to really start focusing my running towards carrying more weight, so tomorrow I am going to order the rucksack I'll be using in a years time. I also need to push a run up to 50kms, mainly because I feel like another milestone to aim for. I seem to need something motivational quite often, otherwise I get the feeling that my training is stagnating. 50kms should do the trick!

On another note, it's only 3 days until the next release of Ubuntu hits the mirrors. It's strange how some people can get a kick out of a new version of their favorite operating system. Luckily ubuntu releases a major upgrade every 6 months. As soon as it 's available I'm going to rebuild my pc. Last weekend I finally got around to buying a new printer which is compatible with Linux. The old one was a pain. The only way I could use it was to have windows xp running in a virtual machine.

Well time to get some sleep. At the beginning of last week I didn't sleep too well, but the last few nights I've had no problems. I have no idea why I wasn't sleeping, I just seemed to wake up sweating a lot. Oh well, maybe I just wasn't tired enough!!

No comments: