Sunday, February 8, 2009

Catching a cold in the desert

Well, I managed to catch a cold in the desert. My head is bunged up and i didn't get enough sleep. Apart from that, everything is fantastic.

On Saturday I ran for the first time in the dunes and it was brilliant. Mountains of sand dive straight into the sea and running across the crest of the dunes is an experience not to be missed. Saturday evening I had dinner on the terrace at the gold club, watched a movie and then fell into a very exhausted sleep.

On Sunday morning, by cold had gone to my head and I was very snotty. So, instead of running, I explored Doha. First to PCONE, which as the name suggests, sells pcs. I must admit, looking round pc shops is a bit of a hobby and this one had a pretty good assortment. I then moved onto what supposed to be one of the best book shops in Doha, but there wasn't much choice, so it looks like I'll be relying on Amazon. After the book store I had a good look around the city center shopping center. I think the best shop is the hobby shop, which sells lots of radio controlled cars and helicopters etc... I had lunch at Starbucks, then went to explore Villagio, which is a shopping center with canals, gondolas and a very realistic sky. After walking around for a while admiring the designer shops, I had dinner at TGI Fridays for 8 euros. Finally, I went home and hung out with my better half on Skype for the rest of the evening. Then finally a little after midnight I went to bed, with the alarm set for 06:30 (another short sleep).

No comments: