Friday, April 3, 2009

Third Stage Update

I don't have words to describe yesterday. It was the longest ever stage, totalling 91kms (57 miles). I decided to walk 30 mins and run 30 mins, but it was a mistake. I should have run on the easy terain and walked the rest. All in all though, it went well. I hooked up with a fast group after dark, mainly because my head tourch was useless. I came in at about 23:25 after more than 14 hours. I was one of the lucky ones. There are still people coming in now, more than 17 hours later. I managed to go up 3 places and now have to defend position 100 in the marathon stage tomorrow. Oh and the bottom of my feet have pretty much fallen appart due to the walking, which means that I am now moving at a snails pace around the camp.


Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger

No comments: